Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wandering this world

Before I got really old and bitter (the Dubya years), I had begun to notice that the poor saps who sat near me on the copy desk or in design were occasionally listening to my random outrageous remarks.


During my two years at the Austin American-Statesman, I played an amazing amount of Jonny Lang while driving to and from work. So I spoke of a former fave: "Breakin' Me." "That's what all of us older women want to hear, you know: cute young guys in agony because they treated us wrong." Stop, drop, and roll, Dick, roll.


I heard guffaws on that one.


Btw, the Lang version of "I Am," a song by the artist known again as Prince, is brilliant, in my humble opinion. And I used to smile nonstop at "Second Guessing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home