Friday, September 07, 2007

More about Mr. Winger

Back to back today, I listened to three solo CDs by Kip Winger and then to Winger's "Pull." Yummmmmm. Yes, he's good.

I asked Kip Winger to marry me. Well, not exactly, as he was born years after I was. I wrote:
I'd ask you to marry me, but you are already married, as am I. And I've vowed that if I ever take on another husband, he'll be at least fifteen years older than I am. That gets scary because even if the next wedding happens next year (not bloody likely), the fellow will be 69 [or more, I should have added].
Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some of my best friends are older than I am.

Afraid that I'd been too obscure, I explained a reference from my last bit:
Btw, my column about you has an embedded joke in the last word, "decorum." Jokes are never good if they have to be explained, but so it goes. That minor quip goes back to the scene in "Rock Star" with groupies and pussy passes. Mats, the Steel Dragon road manager, says, "Ladies, ladies, ladies, please, please, a little bit of decorum, please."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home